Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Baa Baa White sheep?????

Complete stupidity isn't it.

But all religious stuff is still actively taught & encouraged no matter how offensive other cultures or atheists find it.

Tea Lady Damsel Booh

We sing baaa baa pink and blue sheep!

Grinchy Old Carp

At J's nursery the sheep is black However at her music club, the old lady who swallowed a fly (and a spider/bird/cat/dog/cow/horse) is not dead but FULL, OF COURSE
    Fifi x

My little lollipop is six years old

I'm sure there was a thread on here someone linking to somewhere that said their childs Nursery changed the ending to Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel & Gretel because it was too scarey!

One day at a time damsel skylark

thank goodness we still have the original version at Gemma's pre-school.

They have also tought her Twinkle,twinkle chocolate bar, my dad drives s rusty car!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fiona
    their childs Nursery changed the ending to Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel & Gretel because it was too scarey!
    I do that! DD is only 2 though & I really don't think she needs nightmares yet about being eaten by wild animals, cut open, shoved in an oven or boiled alive in a stock pot or other such niceness!

a random mother plucker ms sweetcheeks

Theo's music groups sings "Baa baa spotty sheep have you any spots? Yes sir yes sir I have lots"

crazy Canadian damsel Muppetgal

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie
    They were also told they could sing 'ten little indians' (think that's what it was called) in case it offended someone and so we had to learn new lyrics to the same tune .

I actually agree with that one. The correct term is Native American. They aren't actually from India afterall! It's considered quite offensive to call a Native/Native American an Indian.

Damsel Diva Peony

Ava's playschool sing Baa Baa Black Sheep. Surely it would be more racist to change it no?

I sing piggies eat roast beef too.

Chocolate Craving Damsel Bluebabe75

Matthew sings 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' at nursery, toddler group and music group - no alternative versions round here
    Jedi Boy is 6, the Little Princess is 3....

Just movin' about SnaffleFox

As a nursery teacher, I've always sung/taught the original version but sometimes with new verses added in as extras e.g. Baa Baa White Sheep/Baa Baa Black Sheep. Nobody's ever complained!
    Like others have said though to be making a point of not sing Baa Baa Black Sheep is worse and making a far greater faux pas IMHO!

It's ridiculous and all these traditional songs and rhymes are going to end up getting completely lost/phased out as there will be so many different versions going around all over the country, nobody will know the originals any more! V sad
    Certifiably

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2