Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Natural Hessian

Bitsy Von Muffling Chocolate Lips

Natural Hessian

After Damsels help I decided on Natural Hessian for my kitchen however after now seeing the tester next to my new cupboards, it just looks so grey It's really dull next to my cupboards which are cream but with a yellowy tone.

I don't know what to do now. Get the whole kitchen painted in Natural Hessian or try and find another colour tomorrow Only problem is looking at the colour charts are no use. Natural Hessian on the colour chart looks brown and it's nothing like that in real life

Psychedelic Damsel sunshine

Re: Natural Hessian

Our hall was painted in Natural Hessian and it was so grey and dreary. One day I snapped and covered it in 4 coats of Timeless and it looks much better now!

Dont go with a colour you dont like,especially when you have put so much of your heart and soul into designing your perfect kitchen. What colours are you having in your kitchen? Could you have it all white with an accent wall?

ps I had a cream kitchen in my old house and had pale blue walls, which I really liked.

Thanks for your input Sunshine, interesting to hear that you thought it was dreary too, especially when it had been suggested to me in real life several times as well.

I want to keep the walls neutral like the rest of the kitchen as it's quite a dark room by nature because the sun doesn't fall on the front of the house where the kitchen window is.

Accessory-wise, I am having red (like my new red KitchenAid )

I tried Timeless but it was way too stark and white, I want something a bit warmer.

Stealth Bragger Minky

Try natural calico, much nicer IMHO.

xxx
    Minky, Big Princess T (16 March 2004) and ickle Princess T (25 July 2007). Feb 2006

Thanks Minky, will try and get a tester of that one tomorrow.

For the same reasons as you stated, I have my kitchen walls painted cream, it is a Dulux colour but I cant remember what It was called now.

Something Cotton I think? I think it is the same colour as Flipflop's walls!

White Cotton? Crushed Cotton? Egyptian Cotton?

I cant remember CL! I have been on the dulux website to try and find it, but the names seem to be different.

I dont have any of it left because our decorator colour matched it. I did have a sample but threw it away recently as it had been sitting in my bathroom for ages

I do remember that I tried Timeless, Almond White and then the cotton one and it was just a tiny shade warmer than almond white.

Sorry that is just useless isnt it

It might even be Natural calico

Jeez, fat lot of good you are

Thanks Minky, we are going with Natural Calico. You are right, it so much nicer than Natural Hessian. Thanks for your help.

I know you've chosen now but for future reference Laura Ashley has some gorgeous neutrals - Limewash, Ivory and Vanilla all being beautiful.

Dishes, you are SO right, I fell in love with Country Cream from Laura Ashley, but it was double the price of Dulux and I need a lot of paint!

The quality is OUTSTANDING though - the coverage never ceases to amaze me!

Stealth Bragger Minky

You're welcome CL.

Damsel Diva

I've got Natural Hessian throughout my downstairs and it goes really well in my house. However, next to cream kitchen units I can understand why it would appear a bit dreary.

The other colour I've used a lot of (and is in the bedrooms) is Almond White from Dulux. It's not as yellow as magnolia but isn't as bright as white either.
    - 30/01/07
    - 04/06/11

we did natural calico which was nice against cream sofas but in the evening looked a bit dark though during the day the light bounced off it - but in the hallway we painted in white chocolate and that was lovely - think it was a focus own brand - and would look nice and creamy with creamy yellow cabinets! never looked dark in there!

I found my tester pots today and it was natural calico!!

Twin Mummy flipflop

You've got a good memory Sunshine - my kitchen is Natural Calico!
    Also have Almond White on my hall and stairs, it's lighter and less grey than NC.
    CL, I think I recommended both on your original paint thread, but that was ages ago now.

I saw the pics of your kitchen on the H&G photo thread, it looks absolutely GORGEOUS, really stunning . Where did you get the floor tiles from in the end?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast