Damsel Diva

How fast does Chicken Pox show up

We seem to have a few spots on Dans torso that look like they might be chicken pox. How fast do they spread??? It's all over his nursery so it might be. I'm just not sure at the moment as he only has a few.

Silva Fox

Re: How fast does Chicken Pox show up

i think its 10 days after they have been in contact with the other. my DD had it when she was 8 months.

Damsel Diva

sorry i mean't how soon does the rash go from a few spots to loads???

Silva Fox

Oh...a few days at least but i cant remember exactly how long.

Well Lucy has never had it yet but apparantly the spots spread v v quickly within a matter of hours even.

My Mum called me in the summer to say my Sister had it at about 10am, by 1pm she was covered from head to toe then the spots progress over a matter of days into blisters/scabs etc etc.

Hope your LO doesn't have CP

Damsel Diva

He has about a dozen now on his front and a couple on his back and leg. The first ones are raised and look like they are becoming blisters. They are not large spots though bit bigger than a pin head

This is all we need the baby isn't over the last cold Dan gave him yet. They seem to be taking it in turns at the moment. Will this house ever be germ free. Having said that Dan doesn't seem at all bothered although if it is Chicken pox i guess the spots need to get itchy first.

If it is chicken pox does a Dr need to confirm it?

crazy Canadian damsel Muppetgal

they come up pretty quickly, took on a few hours for Logan to go from one spot on his shoulder to spots all over his tummy. They can keep appearing for days on end though, and they are contagious until the spots stop popping up (not crusted over as previously thought, you are safe once they get no more spots!)

I would take him to the docs so it's on his record, however saying that I didn't take Logan because I knew for sure that was what it was (his best friend had it a few weeks before) and it was over Christmas so getting into the surgery would have been a nightmare.

fingers crossed he gets a mild case!

I'm not sure tbh as i know that CP is contagious whilst the spots are present so i assume Surgery's don't want people going in WITH CP iyswim

TVoR, QoN, etc. redhed

That does sound like chickenpox.

They took a while to develop with DD1, actually. When she first had them, the paed said it was a fairly mild case. 2 days later he was saying it was pretty serious ... they just kept on coming!
    CHASE children's hospice and Disability Challengers
    Every donation makes a BIG difference to small charities.