Damsel Diva DKNI

What colour can I paint my wooden fence and gate?

I would so love to get the moron who thought cornflower blue was a good idea instead of normal stains.

So now I am left with a rather weather worn tatty looking fence and I hate it.
    I really want to paint it but not sure what I can do over the blue.

White seems extreme and green nearly as naff as the blue.
    What about brown would that be horrible?

I would really like to jazz up the little courtyard style bit I have at the front and maybe this summer I might actually get to use it.

TIA
    Andie

Carpe Diem katkinn

Re: What colour can I paint my wooden fence and gate?

How about an off white - like a creamy milk colour? Not cream but not stark white. I adore Dulux Almond white.

I think brown sounds a bit depressing tbh (mind you we have a brown wooden gate and a brown wooden front door so go figure!)

Actually do you have a piccie - that will give us a better idea?

I quite like the idea of blue or green myself mind you But it would totally depend on what sort of gate and fence it was

Damsel Diva DKNI

Well I agree brown makes me think of poo but I thout at least it would look like wood then.

Hopefully this picture works.

Blue would be good if it was a lovely blue but this looks horrible now. I just want to jazz it up a little and I might even manage to buy some plants this year as well as a garden set.....that would be exciting

Sorry its so BIG I have no idea how to make it smaller

Damsel Diva

In our old garden we painted the fence green, a colour called 'Wild Thyme' from a garden heritage range. It was lovely, very inoffensive and blended in very well with the plants etc. Our fence was a similar style to yours. I hate it when fences of that style stand out too much- they aren't THAT attractive to begin with (but obv nec), and to paint them a really bold colour I find .

ETA Here is a link for the paint that we used.
    Last edited by *SarahR*; 21-02-2008 at 03:01pm.

Carpe Diem katkinn

ooh I think I'd do it an off white. I think it will look too dark if painted brown and ime, wood painted brown doesn't look more like wood, it looks like wood painted shit colour

Damsel Diva DKNI

Quote Originally Posted by katkinn
    ooh I think I'd do it an off white. I think it will look too dark if painted brown and ime, wood painted brown doesn't look more like wood, it looks like wood painted shit colour
    I know it was just a fruitless attempt to hide a stonking great fence in my garden

I might go and have a look at some paint this weekend. I also need to powerhose the flagstones.

I am just fed up of it looking a mess all the time

Damsel Diva

Quote Originally Posted by katkinn
    wood painted brown doesn't look more like wood, it looks like wood painted shit colour
    PMSL, but totally agree.