Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who will be staying up to watch England's match tonight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who will be staying up to watch England's match tonight?

I'll probably watch until about 12am, but there's no way I'll manage all of it

Re: So who will be staying up to watch England's match tonight?

I will try to.. But I'll be supporting Italy :-D. 🇮🇹

Comment

Fair enough I suspect you will be happier than me tomorrow morning!

Comment

I am staying up with bells on and England will win. No-one expected Spain's utter thrashing last night and I am praying for the same display tonight in our favour (must have faith, must have faith).

Comment

Ditto loula , always support the underdog!

"Bad things happen, but it's how you react to those things that define who you are" Stephen Sutton.

Comment

Nope, I am making the most of dh being away and not HAVING to watch football. Ds will want to watch the highlights tomorrow though.

Comment

After my run this morning, I'm not even sure I'll make kick off

Comment

Sadly we are in an ideal time zone. We're away for the weekend at a beach town and I'm going to go and get takeaway while Small says "No ball daddy" I expect.

Comment

I'm watching it. We don't do sport at all here, but we make exceptions for 'big' events and this is definitely one of those.
                  Kids are away on sleepover, so me and DH are all good to go, knowing there won't be an early start tomorrow!

Oh, and we're supporting England tonight

ETA It is very likely I will fall asleep before long, as a certain amount of wine has been consumed and I was woken by ds at 6.15 today

Comment

I managed to stay awake until half time then went to bed. I woke when s very happy DH came to bed and told me the score :-) 🇮🇹

Comment

I missed the 1st half because I was gardening but came in for the 2nd half

Comment

Originally posted by parkejm View Post
                        I missed the 1st half because I was gardening but came in for the 2nd half
                        Gardening at 11pm?! Love the green dedication. :-) unless you're in s different time zone!

Comment

I was getting in a silly place in my head and needed to get busy with something. I went out to the car to get my kindle and realised that it was fairly cool (I can't garden when it's really warm) so just decided to get on with it. I cleared nearly the whole front garden! Then I did some weeding in the back garden and sat on the steps reading before it got too cold and I came in.

So not football avoidance, and not green dedication either really!

Comment

I stayed up, watched most of it but it was a hugely boring match which tbh I thought it was going to be....by the way, I had a nice little wager on The Netherlands against Spain, as I thought they would beat them!

Will be very hard for England to get out of the group stages now, think it is going to be a short World Cup for them again...btw - the coach is daft! Played Rooney in a position that he was not comfortable in and which led to Italy getting a fair bit of ball off them. And the team weren't prepared for the heat properly evidenced by the cramping of a few of the younger players.....a great shame.

Comment

I did watch the whole thing and thought we played brilliantly in the first half. You could see we wanted it and I haven't seen that in a long time. That game is definitely our hardest one of the group so hopefully we will get some better results, so we could qualify out of the group if we pull our finger out. And yes, what was that about playing Rooney on the wing?

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
                              Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
                              Working...
                              X