How do you do your groceries?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you do your groceries?

Chell I feel exactly the same way about aldi. I hate spending one hour min in asda,especially with a bored toddler!

Comment

Now I'm working Mon-Fri it's deliveries all the way except for the odd nip in. I get a biggish delivery on a Saturday morning and then a top up of fresh stuff on Tuesday evening as Tesco now have a minimum delivery of 25. I've never tried doing a big monthly shop, I think for us there would be weekly top ups anyway so that sort of defeats the object.

Comment

Weekly shop with meal plans and delivered by tesco every friday. Usually top up with bread and maybe fruit in week.

Comment

I do a weekly shop during the week when I can fit it in (supermarkets haven't caught on to doing deliveries here yet unfortunately as it would be handy) plus an extra top up for fruit/ yogurts and stuff I forgot the first time round.

I can't face doing the big shop with the children so try and squeeze it in between lessons on my days at home. I keep a list in the kitchen and add to it throughout the week so it's ready for when I do go. DH is never free to do it. I don't meal plan but most meals for the children are on a bit of a rotation anyway depending on what they had for lunch at school.

Comment

I have a weekly shop delivered from tesco usually a Friday or Saturday and I meal plan however I stock up when things we like on offer so there's always plenty in some wks I can get away with just a small fresh items shop .

Our Aldi is ok but the fruit & veg goes off so quickly so I have stopped going there so much as it was a false economy . I budget for around 400 a month on food including packed lunches .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 reasons I use Tesco home delivery, 1 I'm not allowed to carry anything over 10kg or push heavy items like hoists or wheel chairs, and 2, I can't afford the distraction of all the lovely clothes!

Comment

I do a weekly shopping list based on a rough menu plan. Go to either Aldi or Lidl and what I can't get from Asda, but I would never do a full food shop from Asda now, its just too big and takes too long. We're lucky in that we have all three shops close together. Do it after the school run on a Wed morning and if I'm on good form, I can have it done in just over an hour. I do have to top up at the weekend though, which I hate doing. I try not to spend more than 300 over the month for four of us.

Comment

Weekly shop done via menu planning and pick up milk / bread / fresh fruit etc through the week !

Comment

We generally have the same stuff in all the time, and do a weekly shop to restock it. Plus I may top up during the week.

Comment

I bought a months delivery pass for Asda this month, it was only 5 and is as many deliveries as I want. It runs out on 21st Dec. I've got a slot booked for then as I am working until 4.30 on Christmas Eve. I'll probably do online shops this month to make use of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you get on with Asda delivery Chell? I've had a few nightmares with my click and collect, not tried home delivery yet.

Comment

I use asda delivery with a pass too and I've always found them ok. I'm unable to book a slot past dec 10 th yet though? Don't want to miss my Christmas slot!

Comment

Originally posted by littlerose12345 View Post
                            How do you get on with Asda delivery Chell? I've had a few nightmares with my click and collect, not tried home delivery yet.
                            I've always found the opposit, click and collect is ok but the deliveries hit and miss. The one I had last week was ok though.

Comment

I use sainsburys online and have a delivery pass. I probably get a delivery every 4-5 days. You need to spend 40 to get free delivery with the pass so I am pretty careful to only buy what we need. If I stick to buying 40ish at a time, I never have to go to a shop as the milk and bread lasts until the next delivery. I do find they give you short dates sometimes though. I once ordered 8 2-pint cartons of milk on a Monday and they were all dated for the Wednesday. I phoned to complain but they said that 2 days was a normal shelf life

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
                              Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
                              Working...
                              X