Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the Monthly photography competition thread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damsella View Post
    I think it would be lovely, I do miss seeing all the lovely photos.

When the new Damsels comes, I can build in a gallery feature, and also do a feed from Instagram or Flickr.

I agree that anybody who enters just has to be prepared for getting fewer votes than they might like.
    Brilliant idea Damsella :-)

Comment

Re: Remember the Monthly photography competition thread?

Ok ladies, shall we stop talking about it and just get on and do it?

I don't know what the rules were when this was done before.... Anyone know?

Comment

Off the top of my head... A theme was set at the beginning of the month & people had until 20th of the month to post their picture. The photographs had to be taken during that time frame and fit the theme. If any participants wanted help to shortlist one image from a choice or advice about achieving a particular look they usually posted their own threads in the photography section rather than using the main submissions thread. It was generally considered good form to mention if any elaborate photoshopping had been done (other than the basics - white balance etc). Photographs could be taken on any type of camera. On 20th a post containing all submitted images and a poll was put up asking people to vote for the photograph they felt best suited the theme. The person with the most votes wins the rights to choose the theme for the next month.

Comment

I've just double checked as my memory was a bit blurry & some of my timings are out. The theme was announced on 1st of the month (or before). The submit thread went up on 20th of the month. The Poll went up on 25th of the month.

Comment

How about we get Damsella to choose the first theme and GET CRACKING!!!

Thanks for the refresher on the rules Scatterbrain x

Comment

If you're planning to get this up and running for July, it's worth thinking of a suitable theme now.

Comment

Damz - could you choose a theme for July? Assume everyone that wants to participate is ok with that!

Comment

Well if I could suggest. summer as a topic. I'm crap at photos so would enjoy seeing photos about it! But I'm sure Damz will have a better idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

I like that suggestion Anne - SUMMER it is!

Comment

Thanks Damz, we could see what we are missing

Comment

Has anyone posted a thread to announce this yet? It's July....

Comment

Originally posted by scatterbrain View Post
                          Has anyone posted a thread to announce this yet? It's July....
                          Was just about to ask the same thing! We should have had a thread with submissions by now? Should we try again and use SUMMER as Augusts theme? With submissions being entered on August 20th?

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
                          Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
                          Working...
                          X