Letter from Ofsted about our childminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Ofsted about our childminder

What on earth could a CM do to warrant a letter from Ofsted?!! Its a serious one too, stating "your child may come to harm" I mean what the heck! Not allowed to work until November and Ofsted wont tell me anything when I rung, nor would CM.

Its for DS (age 8) so thankfully managed to get him into after school club and think he can just stay there now tbh. Thank goodness he is old enough to tell me that he is fine and he liked the CM?! Id be very worried if it was for my DD (age 1).

All very strange.

Re: Letter from Ofsted about our childminder

How odd, glad you can make alternative arrangements.

So the letter just said to stop using her?

Comment

We cant use her, she isn't allowed to take children at the moment. panic to find somewhere else. All other CMs are full!

Comment

Blimey! But I guess it can't be *too* bad if she's allowed to start work again in November? Maybe her house didn't comply with their standards on their last inspection, or something. If it was more serious than that wouldn't the police be involved? Or maybe she forgot one of her charges, or something. It's worse that they and she don't tell you!

Comment

Will you go back to using her in November??

Comment

Not using her until I find out what the problem is/was?!
            Also no guarantee she will open again in November if Ofsted dont allow her to? I think they give 6 weeks to investigate. Bad that she wont say what it is though, that makes me more suspicious?!

I hope it is something simple like you say Damz.

Comment

I must say, I would lose all trust if the CM didn't at least tell me vaguely what was going on.

Comment

I agree. If she won't say why the temporary ban is in place, I don't think I would feel able to trust her with my child again.

Comment

I think if I were the CM I would want to let parents know if it was a health and safety oversight or something. The fact that she won't say anything would make me feel uncomfortable.
                  On a practical level, what a total pain

Comment

I'm not sure how te investigation works but maybe she's not allowed to discuss it with you?

I doubt its just a H&S thing as a more likely outcome is that she'd be given time to fix it (unless she failed to do so).

Another thought: It could be that someone has made allegations against her - that could well be malicious and she may not know much more. A friend of mine who CMs had malicious allegations made against her - they were minor and quickly found to be malicious so dismissed. As we discovered earlier in the year any allegations around childcare are taken seriously and you are presumed guilty until proven innocent (and its incredibly hard to prove a negative). I only found out yesterday about another part of the allegations against us when a SW said something as she thought I knew... If the allegation is serious (eg harm to child), she may be closed whilst it is investigated and in that situation may not want to discuss as even repeating that sort of stuff can result in others also presuming guilt.

I hope you get some answers soon and if she's good and cleared by Ofsted, that your son can return to her care soon.

Bop

Comment

Tbh, it sounds to me like there's an investigation underway and her registration has been temporarily suspended. I wouldn't expect her to be able to say anything at all about what's going on until it is resolved.

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
                      Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
                      Working...
                      X