Dehumidifiers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehumidifiers

I'm pondering buying one of these. We don't own a tumble dried and I've just flung my washing out on the line as it's dry today, but over the winter my neighbour has a fire burning and the chimney sends the smoke our way!

Do dehumidifiers make a big difference to drying washing inside? What other benefits are there? Our house, albeit not that old, is quite damp in the winter and we get loads of condensation on the windows. Don't want to dry it out totally though as DD has ezcema and I believe it can make it worse if air is dry?

Thoughts?

Re: Dehumidifiers

We have one. I've also just bought a Karcher window thing to take all the condensation off the windows. My mum loves hers. With having washing for give lying around it makes the house very damp. It's worse now that we have cavity walk insulation too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chell what's the kartcher thing?? Do you have a link?

Comment

Dehumidifiers

I can link when I get out the bath and onto my laptop. Alternatively, put Karcher window into Amazon. It sucks the water off the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol loving the damselling in the bath! ;-)

Comment

I used to have a dehumidifier when I lived in a flat and hung the washing up indoors. It made a massive difference to the drying time of the washing. Things would dry in a few hours with it on. And it stopped stuff from getting that musty smell that they get if they've been damp for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by littlerose12345 View Post
              Lol loving the damselling in the bath! ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...rcher%20window

I bought the basic model. It was about 1 cheaper from Viking and I could get quidco cashback.

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
              Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
              Working...
              X