No announcement yet.

Recommend me a new foundation please !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a new foundation please !!

I have been using No 7 intelligent foundation for a while now but lately have found I'm just not getting enough coverage and wondered what all you girls are using!

TIA 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Recommend me a new foundation please !!

Estee Lauder Double Wear. AMAZING coverage, and stays put all day!!!

I used it for my wedding day, and was really cheap for ages going to the Estee Lauder counter and getting little samples, but then bit the bullet and bought a full tube. A little goes a long way. Even the Light version gives good coverage.

I also use the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer which is fantastic too.

I'd recommend going to a counter and getting colour match. They will give you a sample pot of perhaps a couple of shades if you're unsure which version to go for.

I was always reluctant to spend loads on foundation, but this stuff is great. Doesn't feel heavy at all and lets your skin breathe.

Comment

I also use Estee Lauder, but Resilience Lift Extreme. It is expensive but a little goes a long way, it covers well and lasts all day.

I don't wear foundations every day and a bottle lasts about a year!

Comment

Dior Glow Maximiser as a primer. Flipping AMAZING!

I then hen use Dior Forever. It is brilliant. Invisible on my skin but hides my multitude of marks on my skin.

Oh oh and if you are looking for a concealer Nars is fab.

Comment

Watching this with interest as I need a new foundation...I thoroughly recommend the foundations by Make Up Forever - their HD one is the best I have ever tried although a bit pricey. But I am getting some from the US next year (it is a lot cheaper there) so don't want to have to go to London just to get it here. So am looking for something temporarily but still something good.

I don't need full coverage but it does need to be oil free or at least not make me any oilier - tried Estee Lauder and it didn't agree with me at all, brought me out in a rash and oxidised on my face (lovely orange colour!!). Quite like Bourjois on the cheaper end of the scale but have difficulty matching the colour as I need a pale one with pink undertones and the ones that I tried were all a little too yellow for me.

Comment

Recommend me a new foundation please !!

I use YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat.
            I love it. Always get compliments on my skin when I'm wearing it :-)

ETA - lots of shades, and v good for blue undertones. I find all bourjois foundations too yellow too, VC.

Comment

I bought a Maybelline one today....I needed to get something before the weekend as I was empty! It is not bad for a cheaper foundation, it isn't as good as my beloved MUF but I would rank it with the likes of Clinique for example. I put it on at around 10.30am, and the colour is good (pale with pink undertones), light to medium coverage and I set it with their pressed powder as well....and it is still on my face (bearing in mind I have oily skin that is pretty impressive). It seems like a good "everyday" foundation for me at least - and there was a 3 for 2 offer so I bought mascara as well

Comment

Thanks girls ❤️,

Will defiantly look into the Estée Lauder when I get the chance ( no stockists nearby 😳 ) and think I might try the Maybelline as my everyday one right now as stocks are running low !!

Which one did you go for Velvet Chain in the end ?

Comment

Miss Frosty, it is the Dream Satin Liquid. The burb says it is 100% poreless look and air brushed perfection and tbh that is pretty true. It is lightweight so doesn't give a caked on look and the colour match for me is perfect. I really rate it for an everyday foundation - I love Bourjois as I said (have a look at their 10 hours sleep one as it is brilliant on the skin) but I cannot get the colour shade for my skin as I have such a cool tone.

I've got the Maybelline one on again today and I even had a compliment this morning - ok it was from my son but it is very rare!! It lasted well yesterday (I have to use powder to set all my foundations because of my oily skin) and I put it on with a brush as I am heavy handed with my fingers! Definitely a good day to day foundation.

One major bonus - it doesn't sit in my lines (not saying the word wrinkles), I don't have many but I find it really annoying when the foundation just sort of sinks into them and makes them more prominent.

Bargain price of £7.99 in Boots as well!!

Comment

I also use Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. I find if I use a primer underneath it lasts a little longer too.

Comment

Thanks for that bubblewrap, will have a look at a primer (never used one before)...do you use the Maybelline one?

Comment

No I just use a Nivea one as I previously used their moisturiser

Comment

Topics: 224,223   Posts: 3,512,830   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 1
                        Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.
                        Working...
                        X