Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold weather.. do you always wear a scarf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold weather.. do you always wear a scarf?

Originally posted by ms sweetcheeks View Post
    I have an obsession with buying them- I have scarves for ALL occasions - but never actually wear them!
    WSS except I wear one everyday whatever the weather or occasion.

Comment

I have so many scarves, but I only really like knitted ones. I'll happily wear those, not everyday, but most days. But I have this weird thing about non knitted ones. I buy them but tend not to wear them, I think it might have something to do with my Mum being a big scarf wearer when I was younger, I always feel like they are a Mum thing. Yes, I know that's weird!

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
        I wear a scarf almost every day. This evening just for dossing indoors I have a roll neck and a scarf on, I hate feeling cold.
        This. I am very rarely seen without a scarf!

Comment

Originally posted by Katoid View Post
          You hardly ever see me without one I even have loungewear scarves I love them, even in high summer I'll wear denim shorts, a tee and a loose fitting scarf
          WSS. I wear them all the time. I feel naked without one (ok when it nudges 30 I tend to manage to go without)

And my kids wear them (although the boys do moan). DH also has one for the winter.

We're a scarf loving family although I definitely consider myself Chief Scarf Wearer. (aka weirdo)

Comment

The kids and I wear scarves, hats and gloves. Which I put on our massive radiators over night so they are toasty and warm. We also put their uniforms on the radiators in their bedrooms before they go to bed and change into clean vests -so they wear their vests and warm uniform in the morning. My mother did it for me, and I've always hung my clothes over the radiators the night before in autumn and winter and the girls now do it on autopilot whilst getting ready for bed.
            I have two blankets for the girls also on the radiators. Which they wear like the queen on their knees in the mornings when they sit in the car.
            We have a little routine on coming in -shoes off. Coats hung in front of the tall radiator and hats, gloves and scarves and blankets all on the radiator. Can't beat the morning warmth for a bit of cosiness in the morning.
            Scarves are also done inside the coat and then zipped up and we all have huge swirling capes that we then chuck over the top and swirl around ourselves like we are going to the N pole.
            Mr G and the boys, wear t-shirts -but us 3 musketeers are wrapped up to within an inch of our lives.

Comment

I wear big woolly scarves to go out in the cold but am rubbish at making other scarves look right I quite often put on a scarf as part of my outfit, take a look in the mirror and take it off again because it looks stupid

DH will wear a scarf if it is below freezing, Matthew is scarf-phobic and I usually can persuade Em to wear one if it is chilly

Comment

Originally posted by Gojira View Post
                The kids and I wear scarves, hats and gloves. Which I put on our massive radiators over night so they are toasty and warm. We also put their uniforms on the radiators in their bedrooms before they go to bed and change into clean vests -so they wear their vests and warm uniform in the morning. My mother did it for me, and I've always hung my clothes over the radiators the night before in autumn and winter and the girls now do it on autopilot whilst getting ready for bed.
                I have two blankets for the girls also on the radiators. Which they wear like the queen on their knees in the mornings when they sit in the car.
                We have a little routine on coming in -shoes off. Coats hung in front of the tall radiator and hats, gloves and scarves and blankets all on the radiator. Can't beat the morning warmth for a bit of cosiness in the morning.
                Scarves are also done inside the coat and then zipped up and we all have huge swirling capes that we then chuck over the top and swirl around ourselves like we are going to the N pole.
                Mr G and the boys, wear t-shirts -but us 3 musketeers are wrapped up to within an inch of our lives.
                I do the radiator thing with our bath towels!

Comment

at towels in the radiators and PJ on the radiator before bed

We always put hot water bottles in the beds 30 minutes before as well.
                  Mr G walks around like when he bathes the kids as they are always at him as he does things in the wrong order. i.e. the correct order is:
                  Put PJ and towels on the radiator, hot water bottle in the bed, baths, dry and PJ on. Fill up drink container with water. Brush teeth etc and then into warm cosy bed.

Mind you he swears we all have a genetic compulsive disorder
                  They get their genes from me, or at least the dominant genes

Comment

I love a scarf in winter. ATM I am obsessed with my massive leopardprint ones, and have them in about 4 different colourways, I never go out without one , though I do always remove them when I get inside (yesterday being an exception as it was so bloody cold) as they are so massive I feel a bit bulky with one on.

I think having a channel for cold air to get inside your coat is the way to madness!

The kids won't wear theirs unless it's sub zero as they get really hot (it's a job to get T2 to wear her cardigan as well as her jacket ). Mr Minky is from oop north and never gets cold. He does however have numerous NUFC scarves which just take up room in the scarf drawer.

I love the summer scarf look but I just can't see myself doing it.

Comment

I hate the feeling of things round my neck whether it's scarves or polonecks or stiffish collars, I feel all restricted and suffocated, so I rarely wear a scarf.

The only one I ever wear is one of those looped moebius ones as it's fairly loose around my neck. Mind you I tend to wear that one mostly in the house, or outside when I don't want to wear a big coat i.e. it's a bit chilly but not properly cold.

Comment

I usually have a scarf on anyway, but today I wore a proper cosy one too!

I am not keen on scarves on the kids, as they are mostly out walking to/from school and playtime and I am fairly certain they are not used in an orthodox fashion! So they only wear them if we are getting wrapped up for a winter walk.

I always have clothes over the radiators in the morning too

Comment

Originally posted by Flicky View Post
                          I usually have a scarf on anyway, but today I wore a proper cosy one too!

I am not keen on scarves on the kids, as they are mostly out walking to/from school and playtime and I am fairly certain they are not used in an orthodox fashion! So they only wear them if we are getting wrapped up for a winter walk.

I always have clothes over the radiators in the morning too
                          Definitely not used in a orthodox fashion lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More threads from this section

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
                          Started by Damsella, 31-05-2015, 11:55am
                          1 reply
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 21-04-2015, 01:23pm
                          5 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 07-04-2015, 08:52am
                          0 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Baggy, 03-02-2015, 09:58am
                          1 reply
                          0 likes
                          Baggy
                          by Baggy

Started by Damsella, 16-12-2014, 09:23am
                          35 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  

Latest Forum Activity

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
                          Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
                          0 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
                          0 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by lisnic, 16-11-2014, 11:13pm
                          11 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 31-05-2015, 11:55am
                          1 reply
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 21-04-2015, 01:23pm
                          5 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  

Topics: 209,926   Posts: 3,199,816   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.

Latest Forum Activity

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
                          Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
                          0 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
                          0 replies
                          0 likes
                          Damsella  
                          Started by lisnic, 16-11-2014, 11:13pm