Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you expect your child to be offered tea at school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's s bit odd to offer primary school children, but wouldn't have a problem with it. Abigail quite likes tea, in fact, she makes a crackin' brew ;-)

Comment

Re: Would you expect your child to be offered tea at school?

Gosh reading this thread is so interesting. You know it almost devastates me that as a nation, we have become so politically correct, so immersed in a culture that makes you feel like a bad parent for offering your child a square of chocolate, a haribo or, in this case, a cup of tea. As a nation we have been bought up on tea, most of us will have been weaned on it from a young age.

My children don't drink tea, but I'd love it if they did, regardless of any low level negativity related to diet issues. your child having a cup of tea will not cause dietary issues, they will not get cancer, they will not become obese.

Tea is one of the only traditions as a country we still embrace, I went for afternoon tea yesterday at a posh hotel in London (it was a comp I won) and I had scones, cream, jam and the most amazing tea. I want that tradition to keep going, however bad things have got for us, and there have been many times.....that first sip of tea has been my saviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickenlips View Post
        Gosh reading this thread is so interesting. You know it almost devastates me that as a nation, we have become so politically correct, so immersed in a culture that makes you feel like a bad parent for offering your child a square of chocolate, a haribo or, in this case, a cup of tea. As a nation we have been bought up on tea, most of us will have been weaned on it from a young age.

My children don't drink tea, but I'd love it if they did, regardless of any low level negativity related to diet issues. your child having a cup of tea will not cause dietary issues, they will not get cancer, they will not become obese.

Tea is one of the only traditions as a country we still embrace, I went for afternoon tea yesterday at a posh hotel in London (it was a comp I won) and I had scones, cream, jam and the most amazing tea. I want that tradition to keep going, however bad things have got for us, and there have been many times.....that first sip of tea has been my saviour.
        I feel this too CL !

It's so sad that as parents we always feel we have to do what everyone deems the * right thing*

I have a friend with two boys and from weaning got to try anything and everything and are fantastic eaters and are thriving .

L is an a&e sister so not daft at all to what she is doing and it has always worked for them !

Even after breast cancer / double mastectomy and the cancer back and not treatable , L hasnt changed her attitude to eating which is very refreshing .

Comment

Originally posted by Katiekipper View Post
          My kids all love tea, I can't bear the stuff but Dh gives it to them and it's nice that they can join in the ritual of having a hot drink.
          Lol same here... I love how coffee shops do a 50p baby chino in a "proper" mug/cup too.
          i remember we used to get hot chocolate at school and Thomas does occasionally.
          I also went for a fantastic high tea for a friends 30th and agree I love the tradition of the sandwiches,scones and pots of tea (with some added champagne at the end these days )

Comment

Neither me nor Partner drink tea. It's the only food/drink that I don't like the taste of. I would be surprised if they offered tea to my chaps at school but I think it's a nice idea and I'd probably prefer that to hot chocolate.

Also, I was very strict with what my eldest ate and drank from a young age - he thought peas and sweetcorn were 'sweeties' - but he too would sell his granny for a Haribo.

Comment

More threads from this section

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
            Started by lisnic, 16-11-2014, 11:13pm
            11 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            Started by Miss Frosty, 14-10-2014, 04:14pm
            10 replies
            0 likes
            helpimfalling  
            Started by Mrs Flowers, 19-10-2014, 08:17pm
            0 replies
            0 likes
            Mrs Flowers  
            Started by Roseyposey, 30-09-2014, 11:17am
            4 replies
            0 likes
            Cat Queen  
            Started by jellybean, 22-09-2014, 03:43pm
            3 replies
            0 likes
            jellybean  

Latest Forum Activity

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
            0 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
            0 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            11 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            Started by Damsella, 31-05-2015, 11:55am
            1 reply
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            Started by Damsella, 21-04-2015, 01:23pm
            5 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  

Topics: 209,926   Posts: 3,199,816   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 7
            Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.

Latest Forum Activity

Collapse

Topics Statistics LP
            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
            0 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella  
            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
            0 replies
            0 likes
            Damsella