Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting nursery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Starting nursery

    Im putting Zach into nursery from Fri. Can't believe we are at this stage already. I did it when Alfie was 1 & am looking forward to having a whole day to myself. Things are very full on at home with Alfie & what's happening with him so I'm looking forward to being able to have just 1 day to myself.

    He had a settling in morning today all went well which I knew it would. Also Perfect timing with the wedding as it draws closer & I have loose ends to tie up having 1 day a week to myself will make things easier although he may be in a few days by this time

    I'm off on holiday 17th may so he will be in there all week so hope I'm not throwing him in at the deep end. He should be fine though

  • #2
    Good for you bit of you time (even though its always spent doing a million things)
    He will love it my kids have advanced shed loads And to be honest think they were relieved to not spend all day every day with me lol x

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Starting nursery

      CH is he going basically twice and then going in for a week? That may be a bit of a shock. Is Z used to being away from you? Just thinking it may be a bit For him if goes into nursery from being with you all the time and then not being there when he gets home he may be unsettled.

      Hopefully he will be fine.

      I have a three year old that keeps trying to escape from preschool to come home so I'm probably a bit of a worrier about leaving mine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Starting nursery

        Is there any chance of getting extra days between now and when you go away? Like claireh, I'd be a bit worried about going from 1 day a week to 5 suddenly. Oren is only just starting to go to nursery 4 days a week and we've been building up to it since the new year.

        that he copes really well, and that you can enjoy the extra day.

        How's Alfie getting on by the way? Is he settling in ok? And where are you going on holiday? :jealous:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Starting nursery

          Well, wallopette went full time fairly quickly. I think she had three or four settling in sessions? However, she stayed full time and I was around before and after work. It's not just the going to nursery that might be unsettling, it's also that neither parent will be around for a week.

          Is it possible for whoever is looking after him while you're away to look after him during the day at least once that week?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Starting nursery

            My DD2 went in twice for settling in then started full time away from home (2 days nursery, 3 days with family/friends until nursery had a full time place a month later). She was 19 months old and didn't bat an eyelid.

            I think a good nursery is brilliant for them, at any starting age. I hope you enjoy the break CH.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Starting nursery

              Originally posted by bluekat View Post
              My DD2 went in twice for settling in then started full time away from home (2 days nursery, 3 days with family/friends until nursery had a full time place a month later). She was 19 months old and didn't bat an eyelid.

              I think a good nursery is brilliant for them, at any starting age. I hope you enjoy the break CH.
              I agree about nurseries being great, but chopping and changing when they go as well as going on holiday is likely to be unsettling. Honestly, I think it's a bit mean, and I say that as a nursery worshipper.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Starting nursery

                Originally posted by claireh View Post
                CH is he going basically twice and then going in for a week? That may be a bit of a shock. Is Z used to being away from you? Just thinking it may be a bit For him if goes into nursery from being with you all the time and then not being there when he gets home he may be unsettled.

                Hopefully he will be fine.

                I have a three year old that keeps trying to escape from preschool to come home so I'm probably a bit of a worrier about leaving mine.
                He is going tomorrow, next Tues, Thurs & Friday & then the following week 3 days before then going in 5 whole days...

                He has been in creche 1-1.5hrs everyday since last week. He is quite easy going doesn't seem worried/cry when left so I'm not worried

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Starting nursery

                  Originally posted by parkejm View Post
                  .How's Alfie getting on by the way? Is he settling in ok? And where are you going on holiday? :jealous:
                  He is a different kettle of fish & lots of aggro with him. We have loads of stuff going on with him at the mo with getting him statutory assessed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Starting nursery

                    Originally posted by violet wallop View Post
                    It's not just the going to nursery that might be unsettling, it's also that neither parent will be around for a week.

                    Is it possible for whoever is looking after him while you're away to look after him during the day at least once that week?
                    One of us will be around. Next week OH goes to Magaluf I'm around then when he gets back I go 5 days after & OH is around

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Starting nursery

                      Originally posted by ChelseaHarvey View Post
                      One of us will be around. Next week OH goes to Magaluf I'm around then when he gets back I go 5 days after & OH is around

                      Fair enough, that's not as bad. I thought you were going away together. But can OH not take a day or a couple of half days off?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Starting nursery

                        Originally posted by violet wallop View Post
                        I agree about nurseries being great, but chopping and changing when they go as well as going on holiday is likely to be unsettling. Honestly, I think it's a bit mean, and I say that as a nursery worshipper.
                        I can't see the harm at all. Zach will probably be enjoying his new environment so much he'll not even notice the chopping and changing. CH and her man are busy working parents, nursery will be a fact of live for Zach. I think it is exceptionally mean to call CH mean tbh.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Starting nursery

                          Originally posted by bluekat View Post
                          I can't see the harm at all. Zach will probably be enjoying his new environment so much he'll not even notice the chopping and changing. CH and her man are busy working parents, nursery will be a fact of live for Zach. I think it is exceptionally mean to call CH mean tbh.
                          I said it was mean when I thought they were going away together and putting him in nursery for the week. Going to nursery full-time very suddenly and not having either parent around would likely be quite upsetting.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Starting nursery

                            Good for you CH. You deserve a day a week to yourself to sort bits and pieces out and by the sounds of it Z will be fine.

                            Comment

                            More threads from this section

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics LP
                            Started by Hello Kitty, 04-08-2014, 07:15pm
                            31 replies
                            1,990 views
                            0 likes
                            argente
                            by argente
                             
                            Started by Mrs Flowers, 19-09-2014, 09:56pm
                            7 replies
                            673 views
                            0 likes
                            Mrs Flowers  
                            Started by squidgell, 15-10-2014, 11:55pm
                            7 replies
                            544 views
                            0 likes
                            squidgell  
                            Started by littlerose12345, 10-10-2014, 08:40am
                            4 replies
                            412 views
                            0 likes
                            Dr Spouse  
                            Started by littlerose12345, 16-09-2014, 06:04am
                            8 replies
                            469 views
                            0 likes
                            Peony
                            by Peony
                             

                            Latest Forum Activity

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics LP
                            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
                            0 replies
                            31 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
                            0 replies
                            4 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by lisnic, 16-11-2014, 11:13pm
                            11 replies
                            102 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 31-05-2015, 11:55am
                            1 reply
                            176 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 21-04-2015, 01:23pm
                            5 replies
                            337 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  

                            Topics: 209,926   Posts: 3,199,816   Members: 6,368   Active Members: 6
                            Welcome to our newest member, firethornuk.

                            Latest Forum Activity

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics LP
                            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:10am
                            0 replies
                            31 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 15-06-2015, 09:06am
                            0 replies
                            4 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by lisnic, 16-11-2014, 11:13pm
                            11 replies
                            102 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 31-05-2015, 11:55am
                            1 reply
                            176 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Started by Damsella, 21-04-2015, 01:23pm
                            5 replies
                            337 views
                            0 likes
                            Damsella  
                            Working...
                            X