View Full Version : FINALLY we have exchanged...
Even though the fecking buyers didn't have the full deposit. ONLY about £44k short :angry: :hissyfit:
We are due to complete on my birthday and the feckers better come up with the money - no wonder they have been delaying.
AND they want to get a commercial cleaner in before completion date :shock:. I am SO insulted. The house is clean and immaculate and has been empty for 6 months. My cleaner spent about 4 hours doing it after we moved out- wiped all the skirting boards etc.
I am not holding my breath and if they don't come up with the rest of the money we will sue them for the remainder, for sure.
YAY :ellie: for exchange - even if it didn't go quite as it should. Crossed fingers for completion on the expected date.
We STILL don't have an estimated date for exchange, let alone completion. I really don't understand what the hold up is. We've been as co-operative as we possibly can be - answering all the buyers' solicitors' questions etc. And yet the one question I've asked - i.e. a potential completion date - is not forthcoming. Only this week we had another sheet of queries - but they've all been answered already. We sent off the answers, but I've emailed my solicitor to let her know I'm getting a bit pissed of about being kept in the dark when we've done our best to be helpful and upfront etc.
We wanted to complete next Friday - but atm I don't even know if we'll have exchanged by then.
Sorry - didn't mean to go off on one on your thread, Minky!
Woohoo (apart from about the money and the cleaners!) :ellie:
If the place has been empty for 6mths then maybe they're thinking dust etc??? Wouldn't worry me but then I'm not one to obsess about such things, I know my MIL would though :oops: (she started cleaning our place on the day we moved in, even though the previous owner was actually still there doing the same - I could've died :oops: )
I'm *trying* to get hold of our solicitors to find out what happens next and when we can start talking about exchange/completion dates....the people buying our place want to move in August so we're all thinking along the same lines, both surveys done and ok, all forms filled in and returned pronto (at least from us, no idea about from the people we're buying off as not seen anything as yet, but they've already moved out so no reason to delay AFAIK), searches came back yesterday and all ok on the place we're buying (and assuming all ok on our current place)......so what now? But the bloody secretary is never available - either 'on the other line' or 'not in her office' :angry:
I've never heard of people asking for a house to be cleaned before completion, what planet do these lot come from??? I could understand if you were renting a property, but buying a house that you have known from the start is empty...:rolleyes:.
It REALLY pees me off when buyers start to feck about just before completion, throwing in all sorts of conditions.
Hope it all goes through and that they do come up with the money.
Sorry to gatecrash (again :oops: ) but we *might* be completing on the 18th August!!! No idea if the other two parties will agree to that, but sounds like one set of estate agents have done sterling work for us, she was chatting to the people we're buying off and they informed her they're off on holiday on 15th Aug and couldn't *possibly* have the house cleared (they don't live there anymore but it's still full of literally everything :yeahright: ) before September :shock: Well EA knew we wanted to go for August so had a chat and it seemed 11th was the earliest they could possibly manage (being a bit more generous to them now I've thought about it, that's 3 weeks today and they're quite elderly so I guess less than that would be a bit of a big ask really :oops: ). We're actually away that week though :doh: only in Kent so could come back but would be a real shame to cut our break short and wouldn't really be able to relax knowing it was coming along that week. Anyway, so I suggested 18th - the old couple don't need to be present anyway as long as they've cleared the house and passed the keys to the EAs, so I'm just hoping everyone agrees to that. I'm thinking old couple might actually be slightly appeased as got a bit longer to clear the place, and the people buying ours want to be in before the schools go back but that'll still give them a good 2-3 weeks before then.
So I'm mildly :cheer2: but still more fingers crossed than anything!!!
(sorry again for gatecrash :oops: )
Ooh, what a relief to have finaly exchanged Minky! :ellie: :ellie: :ellie:
We moved in April and I rememeber what an enormous relief it is! Sorry it didn't quite go to plan, but in my experience it never does with moving - so long as the end result happens, I think that's all that matters!
Hopefully they'll come up wiht the goods when they have to! :fingerscrossed:
They fecking well better :hissyfit: or we WILL sue them for the remainder of the deposit :angry:.
I am so cross with myself as I hired a gardener for two hours to go round there and tidy up - clip the hedges and weed the back garden. Wish I hadn't bothered and had saved myself £30 :sigh:.
They certainly WON'T be getting a bunch of flowers left....
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.