View Full Version : Getting rid of a fishy smell in my microwave!
I cooked some cod fillets in the microwave on Monday and it still smells of fish when I open the door - rather offputting when heating up madams hot oat cereal for breakfast this morning! :zombie:
Any tips on how to get rid of the wiffy pong?? :yeahright:
Cut a lemon in half and microwave it for a few seconds,
wash the inside with a solution of bicarb and water (my mother is always recommending this for smelly fridges etc, don't know if it works)
My Mum has always sworn by popping water and some slices of lemon in a microwaveable bowl and sticking it on for 30 seconds. I've never really tried it myself but I believe it's supposed to do the trick.
Cut a lemon in half and put it in a bowl with water inside the microwave at the highest setting.
Put it for about 5/7 minutes but watch the whole thing in case the water boils down too much and the lemon burns.
Keep on checking and topping with water and letting the bowl boil and evaporate so the lemon juice goes to the walls of the microwave, maybe for 20 minutes or so.
Before it cools down rub what is left of the lemon around the inside of the microwave and then wipe everything dry with some kitchen paper or a cloth.
Yep - definitely water and lemon - a tip I picked up from How Clean is Your House!!
WHat everyone else said, hope it smells less fishy now!! :happyno:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.