View Full Version : MMR - what did you/will you do?
Elise is due to have her MMR anytime now really, I just wondered what other people's views are and whether their child had it/will have it? Or will you go for the single vaccines?
Elise will be having it as it is, however I have read that it can sometimes cause a reaction in children allergic to egg (which we think Elise is), so I shall have to look into that a bit more first.
OH did some research and we decided to go ahead with the MMR. We haven't had any problems with it.
The egg allergy aspect will be important for other vaccines as well, won't it?
Not sure really, though I've just found a site that tested 500 children with egg allergy, and only 3 of them came up with a mild rash, so although I'll tell the docs, I don't think it's anything to worry about too much.
I will be taking Isabel for it when the time comes. There is actually virtually no evidence that there is any links to autism or anything else for that matter and the guy that started all the palava has even changed his mind now :? after causing all that hoo-ha. Surely if there were a risk it would be minimal anyway, and compare that to the frequency or likelihood of picking up one of the childhood diseases.
There is actually virtually no evidence that there is any links to autism or anything else for that matter and the guy that started all the palava has even changed his mind now :? after causing all that hoo-ha. Surely if there were a risk it would be minimal anyway, and compare that to the frequency or likelihood of picking up one of the childhood diseases.
Exactly what I wanted to say, but was far too brain dead to think how to word it!! :lol:
We went ahead with the MMR for Joseph.
We talked about it a lot and came to the decision the risks for him not to have it outweighed the risks of him having it- as there was a huge mumps outbreak in our home town at the time and measles is on the increase.
Abby's MMR is booked for April 5th.
I've done my own research/talked it through with DH and we are completely happy for her to have it.
Mrs N x
Abby's is booked for April 5th.
I've done my own research and discussed it with DH and we are completely happy for her to be vaccinated.
Mrs N x
We had ds done at one year and I'm the world's biggest worrier! I talked to the paed. about it and she had 'vaguely heard about the scaremongering in the UK' (we live in France). In France there is no link between the MMR vaccination and any kind of problem... kinda says it all IMO :?
We went for it weeks ago. Again, did a tiny bit of research and asked my GP and felt there was no need to fork out for private jabs.
Clarissa was very ill with high fever 17ish day after the jab, they said it could have been a reaction or just a nasty winter virus. We'll never know but se is totally fine now.
Hope elise doesnt have a reaction if you go for it. and i dont know anything abut the egg allergy so cant comment on that![/i]
We didn't have it for Logan and he won't be getting it.
Basicaly I have a blood clotting disorder that puts him (and any future children) at a higher risk of damage from the measles part of the vaccination.
I think we'll be avoiding vaccinations altogether from now on, tbh.
James had his at around 17 months (I kept forgetting to book time off work as the imms clinic was on a working day :roll: )
He's allergic to egg, but there is virtually no risk at all of developing a reaction as a result of the MMR. It used to be grown on chick embryos but isn't anymore (v complicated but trust me :lol: ).
Has your little one actually collapsed or developed breathing problems with egg or just a rash? If it's a "minor" allergy then it can be done at the GP's surgery without any extra precautions. If she has had a severe reaction or has bad asthma then it is usually done in a hospital setting.
HTH and PM me if you want any more info re:egg allergy etc
I know I dont need to decide *just* yet :) but I had thought that we would be going ahead with the MMR vaccine, thinking it was all jsut scaremongering.
My best friends grandma runs a nursery though, and very sadly a boy passed away there last month after having his MMR. Its made me rethink the situation and I will definitley be doing some long hard research before making a decision.
I dont know the ins and outs of it, whether or not he had allergies etc, but still, its enough to scare anyone :(
We will be getting Miss E vaccinated soon, have had a couple of appts through but she is always poorly when its due, also I did want to wait till she was a wee bit bigger, I just thought 12 months was too little for such a big vaccine, just my opinion :)
Kyle got it done at 2 1/2 and I'll do the same for Iona. My neice is Autistic and her parents believe it is due to the vaccine. I'm wiating until 2 1/2 because by then their immune system will be stronger to cope with a triple vaccine and also any signs of autism should be apparent by then
Lucy had hers about 2 wks after her 1st birthday. She had a bit of a cold and a bug afterwards but tbh she had a cold when she went for the jab so i don't think it was related at all!!
She is fine!! Well mad, but fine :shock:
Single vaccines, for various reasons, mainly peace of mind and because we can.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.